Jan 29, 2012

Die For Me By: Amy Plum


Die For Me 
Author: Amy Plum
Pages: 341
Rating: 5/5

   My life has always been blissfully wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything. 

   Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent. 

   Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacoix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen. 

   Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human being. He has a dark terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk everyday. He also has enemies...immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind. 


   While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my lie, can I risk putting my heart- as well as my life and my family's- in jeopardy for a chance at love? 

   I just finished putting Die for me down, literally, minutes ago. I'm in love with this book, its story, its characters, and it's heart- throbbing romance! Die for me is the first installment in Amy Plum's book trilogy. I'm really excited to be reviewing this book, so let's get started!

What I loved..... 

   Everything. And yes.....I mean everything! For one the story is set in Paris, "the city of romance"! I mean, who doesn't love friggen Paris?! I found it incredible how the author wrote everything in English while also making it clear that a lot of the conversations were being "spoken" in French.

   I loved, loved, loved the romance in this book! Vincent made my heart completely melt and, at moments, start to blush just by reading some of his lines. The beginning wastes no time starting Kate and Vincent's attraction to one another- allowing us to see how their relationship blossoms and evolves throughout the book. I think what I really like most about this couple, and most of the fictional couples I love, is the heroine is strong and independent. Kate is going through a very difficult time in her life, and she takes that into strong consideration when she's contemplating her relationship with Vincent. I could  go on and on about these two, but Ill just leave it at ce maqnifique! ( ehhh adore mon francais?? Oui, Oui?) I'm starting to really get excited for French next semester....

   The supernatural addition to the story was fabulous and unique. Although immortal, Vincent and his "family" are not vampires, or werewolves, but a new breed called revenants- a mix between ghosts and zombies. Revenants have their own collection of unique qualities that served as a refreshing read! I also thought, personally, that the book went at a really nice pace that kept encouraging me to continue reading.

Great bonus points from me also came when I began to realize that Kate is somewhat of a bookworm herself. *cheers loudly* "One of us, one of us!"

What I hated.... 

   Really and truthfully? I didn't really hate anything.  The worst part was when I reached the end and I realized I have to wait 4 months to find out more.....curse you wrenched long-time-to-release sequels, I loathe the wait!

 The cover.... 

   I really liked the cover- though it was not one of my favorites. I think it's safe to assume that the girl is in fact Kate with her back turned overlooking Paris. Too me it's not so much as an eerie cover, but more of a romantic cover- which is perfect for Die For Me. The contrasting red is what really drew me in when I was at Coles earlier this week.

 Favourite Quotes.... 

   There's a lot of great lines in this book, but Ill only share with you a couple so you can fully experience them when your reading!
 "I have to warn you that my bedroom isn't the best place to stage an assault on me. It's where I'm at my weakest, with my bed a mere twenty feet away." -Vincent

 ""This isn't the first time we talked," I corrected him, trying to coolly ignore the fact that he seemed to be asking me out.
  " Okay, the first time we talked without me unintentionally insulting you," he revised. "
  -Kate and Vincent

Until I Die
Overall.... 

   Die For Me was a fabulous, heart breaking, heart throbbing, romantic, and sexy read. I cannot wait for the release of  Until I Die on May 8,2012- and I have to say, I'm loving the cover for book two!!!

   I wish there was only today, just right now, and no forever.


   It seems fitting that I fell in love in Paris, the most beautiful city in the world. And if I pretend, I can almost believe that my life is normal and everyone I care about is safe.
    
   But as long as I'm with Vincent, "normal" doesn't exist. Gorgeous, charming, and witty, he's everything you could ask for in a boyfriend--but his destiny is so much more.


   Even more terrifying than his destiny are his dangerous enemies, enemies who will kill for immortality. How are Vincent and I supposed to be together forever if we're always in danger?


   I know I'll do whatever it takes--even if it means lying to the people I love--to fight against a fate that is trying to tear us apart.
    ~~~~
   What are your thoughts on the book? Do you have any favorite quotes your dying to share?! Are you excited for Until I Die after reading the preview and seeing the cover? Let me know in the comments, on twitter, or send me an e-mail. Until the next adventure, keep reading!

Your YA Bookworm,
Caitlin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...