Apr 2, 2012

Goddess Interrupted By: Aimee Carter Review

Goddess Interrupted
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Rating: 4.5/5
Kate Winters has won immortality.
But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.


     Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.                                                                                                                                                   
     As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
     Henry’s first wife, Persephone.
     Goddess Interrupted is the second book in Aimee Carter's series. I read the Goddess Test earlier last month and I really, really liked it. Since then I've been eagerly awaiting the sequel- watching the book trailer almost a thousand times to quench my thirst. Man, I was not at all disappointed with the Goddess Interrupted......I'm really not even sure how to put my love into words, but, here we go! :)

     In the Goddess Interrupted, Kate returns to Henry after spending six months in Greece with her friend James. When Kate returns, she feels a distance between Henry and her; making her become insecure and unsure of going forward with her relationship with Henry. My biggest and only problem with this book was how Kate handled her jealousy towards Henry's first wife, Persephone. At times I found Kate becoming a bit selfish- she expected Henry to just drop his feelings towards Persephone like that *virtual snap of the fingers* and I think that was completely unfair to Henry. The distance that this put between the two was agonizing beyond belief, but luckily, their "make-up session" was pretty damn great! ;P

     I'm seriously still debating whether or not I should reread the ending for the tenth time. Yeah.....it was THAT good. Personally, what made this book so great was the last twenty pages- SO MUCH HAPPENS. Just when you think the story is about to slow down....BAM.....and we are left with a HUGE cliffhanger. Ughhh I wish I could write more about it but I definitely don't want to give away any spoilers to you guys. 

     Some of you that read my review on The Goddess Test may remember me desperately hoping there wouldn't be a love triangle between Henry, Kate, and James. Luckily, this didn't happen (well, at least not much) Although James did take a pretty big role in the "jealousness" between Henry and Kate, I was happy to see that Kate didn't have romantic feeling towards James- she is completely focused on loving Henry. 


The Cover...


     The cover for The Goddess Interrupted is just stunning. I don't know what it is about the covers for this series but I can't get enough of them! Its got this modern-day Greek look that is completely addicting. This is definitely one of those covers that make your bookshelf look prettier than before. Harlequin Teen- my bookshelf thanks you :)



Favourite Quotes...

“She's proud of you. She said so herself. And she knows you deserved a chance to be happy. I know that, too" I added. "I just wish Henry could look at me the way he looks at you." 
Persephone wrapped her fingers around mine. "You should be glad he doesn't. When he looks at me, he hurts. But when he sees you..." She smiled faintly "He has hope. I'm not surprised you don't notice it. It took me a while to read him, too. I spent thousands of years with him though, and I know that look. I saw it the day we got married. You don't forget the first time someone looks at you like that.” 

~~~~~

“It is supposed to be the truth." He stared at me and my breath caught in my throat. "If I were a better man, I would be able to show you the love and affection you deserve. As I am not, I can only offer you what I'm capable of giving. But I assure you, just because I do not show it, doesn't mean I do not feel it.” 

Overall...

     Overall I am totally heartbroken that I will have to wait another year for the Goddess Inheritance's release in April 2013!! That seems like a very long time *frowny face* Fortunately for us, The Goddess Legacy  (a collection of different stories, in different POVs) will be released on July 31,2012!! YAYY! You guys can find out more about the Goddess Legacy here! Also, be sure to check out the amazing book trailer for The Goddess Interrupted below- the music in the background always gets me geared up! What are all your thoughts on the book? Did you like it as much as I did? Let me know in the comments or send me a tweet! Keep Reading!


Your YA Bookworm,
Caitlin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...