May 21, 2012

Memory Lane Monday: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Yes, it is that time of the week. The day we dread and wish would never come- Mondays. *Wipes tear* But have no fear, Memory Lane Monday is here! Every Monday, here atTheYABookworm, I'll do a special post (meme) called Memory Lane Monday. What's that you ask? Memory Lane Monday is a once-a-week post where I (or any other bloggers that wish to participate)  choose one book that I've previously read to be featured on that day. From the book chosen, I will pick two of my favourite quotes and write a little blurb containing my quick thoughts on the book. The books that I choose will not be books I've reviewed- since I've read so many books, I want to share with you my opinions on ones that I won't get the chance to fully review (because seriously, rereading dozens of books would take a year...or two)! Be sure to participate by leaving your "Memory Lane Monday" in the comments, or a link to your blog post with the hash-tag #MemoryLaneMonday on twitter :D

This Weeks Memory Lane Monday...
Perfect Chemistry By: Simone Elkeles


A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. 

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.



Top Two Favourite Quotes...

#1 “The reason I want you to put a shirt on is, well, because, um..." 
"You've never seen a guy with his shirt off?"
 "Ha, ha. Very funny. Believe me, you don't have anything I haven't seen before."
 "Wanna bet?" he says, then moves his hands to the button on his jeans and pops it open.
 Isabel walks in at that exact moment. "Whoa, Alex. Please keep your pants on.” 

#2 “Como un angel," I whisper.
"Is our game over?" she asks nervously.
"It's definitely over, querida. 'Cause what we're gonna do next is no game.” 

Perfect Chemistry is the first book in Simone Elkeles Perfect Chemistry Series. All three books center around the Fuentes brother-  each book taking on a new narrator and new love interest ;) Book one, Perfect Chemistry is about Fuentes brother Alex and his budding attraction towards Brittany. Aghhh I love this book so much! The best word I could use to describe it is hot...very...hot! Brittany and Alex's relationship starts off hateful, but then gradually turns into something much deeper. It is the perfect romeo-and-juliet type of story (except, of course, without that tragic ending... :$) ! 

There is definitely quite a bit of mature content in this entire series so I don't recommend it to any of you younglings  out there- but to the rest of you, it is a must read! Last summer I spent almost a week reading all three of these books- they were to addicting, I couldn't stop! Even now with Perfect Chemistry in my lap I've been continuously distracted while writing this post *hides book under couch* okay....I'm good ;) 

I'll end this Memory Lane Monday with this- Perfect Chemistry is the perfect combination of a bad boy, a sizzling romance, and a very lucky girl! Be sure to add it to your To-Read lists! If you've read Perfect Chemistry than let me know your thoughts in the comments, on facebook, or send me a tweet! See you next Monday!

Your Y.A. Bookworm,
Caitlin <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...