Jul 5, 2012

Goddess Legacy By: Aimée Carter

Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test Novella)
Author: Aimée Carter
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: July 31, 2012
Pages: 304
Rating: 5/5

For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimé e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows. 


Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness...


Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal...


Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another...


James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before...


Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope...


Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.


   Goddess Legacy is the second novella in Aimée Carter's Goddess Test trilogy. Although this book is coming out after the release of Goddess Interrupted (Book Two) the contents of the novella take place way before the events of book one. Goddess Legacy is set for a release on July 31,2012. I want to take this opportunity to quickly thank Harlequin for a providing me with a copy of this book through NetGalley!

   I'll have to start off by saying how surprised I was by Goddess Legacy. I've had a pretty bitter experience with novellas in the past but Goddess Legacy did everything but disappoint! In fact, I think this is an absolutely essential read for anyone who has read the previous two books. Knowing characters' personalities from the present, make reading about their pasts that much more entertaining to read.

   Goddess Legacy contains five mini novellas all wrapped up into one heavenly package. Each story gave me a deeper understanding for not only the characters, but their relationships with one another. I ended up liking a lot more characters that I had previously hated or looked at as evil. Being able to live through different perspectives definitely makes me feel closer to a wider range of characters in the story.

   My favourite story out of the five had to be Henry's (AKA Hade's). Not only did we get the opportunity to see how life was really like with Persephone, but we we also experience his first immediate feeling towards Kate. I feel like Henry only really started "opening up" towards the end of Goddess Inheritance, so reading through his perspective was completely surreal.

   Because this book hasn't been released yet I don't want to spoil anything for you guys. But I will say that quite a few things are explained through the course of each story- details that I found quite interesting. I think people will also be very surprised by how dramatic and heartbreaking the Gods' relationships are. You can almost look at it as a "sneak peak" into their scandalous lives- I loved each and every moment of it!

Favourite Quotes...

"In her he saw possibility. In her he saw the future. And when she was ready for it, he would be, too"

"Love is the way I feel for you, the way you fill something inside me whenever you so much as walk into the same room. Sometimes love is quite, lingering in the background until you least expect it. But love it always there for you"


Overall...

   Overall, Goddess Legacy was filled with love, lust, betrayal, and loss presented in five equally addicting tales. I couldn't put it down! This novella is a must-read for any and all Goddess fans! Your only complaint will be the long wait for the epic conclusion, Goddess Inheritance, which hits stores next spring. Be sure to mark your calenders for the release of Goddess Legacy and come back to let me know your thoughts. Keep Reading!

Your Y.A. Bookworm,
Caitlin <3

Psst....Here's a video of Aimée Carter talking about Goddess Legacy- check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...