Feb 3, 2013

Interview with Hanna Peach!



I am here today to do an interview with Hanna Peach, author of Angelfire! I'm really excited to have her here for the last stop on the Angelfire Media Story Tour!  :) Check out the interview below!


{Interview}
1) I must start off with a question I ask every author that stops by to chat: Here at The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger, I like to participate in a weekly meme hosted by YABound called Swoon Thursday (a meme where each week, from the book you are currently reading, you share a quote that made you swoon). If Angelfire was being featured, which quote would have bookworms everywhere fanning themselves?

     She sinks against his chest, into the crook of his arm, the rest of her body fitting against him. All the air leaves her lungs. She feels him exhale as well. Overwhelming release. Peace.

     His fingers trace her shoulder. His voice is so quiet she barely hears him, “Why do you fit  so perfectly here?”                                                                                                                      
     When I was made I was carved out from the space between your arms.
2) There are many books about angels out there in the market, what makes Angelfire so different?

     The Angelfire angels are warriors and they kickass and they have magic. In Angelfire all the angels are earthbound so their society is divided into angels who have been around from the dawn of time and those who were born on earth and only know what they have been taught to believe. There is also a caste system of angels-with and angels-without magic. The settings in the Angelfire series is also what sets it apart – I wanted the reader to travel the world without having to leave their living room J The series is set in various locations around the world (Peru, Czech, Italy just to name a few).

3) What has been the most rewarding and challenging part about writing this novel?

     Writing is a little like therapy for me – this is both a reward and a challenge. I have learnt a lot about myself and the issues that I need to work on by ‘giving’ these issues to my characters and by letting them work through it. I don’t do this on purpose. In fact, it’s only after I havce written the book that I realize that I ‘own’ some of the characters’ issues, haha. I have also had to conjure up some not-so-nice memories of personal experiences to be able to write some of the more emotional scenes.

4) If you could meet one of your characters, who would it be and why?

     I want to meet The RaceKeeper. He’s so deliciously amoral. Plus, he is a gypsy and travels with his races so he’d have some interesting stories and great travel advice.

5) What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question?

Q: Do you believe that people can fall in love as fast as they do in novels?
A: I do. I think it can happen very quickly if you feel that ‘rightness’. I have experienced this feeling of ‘rightness’ on a second date but I have also taken months and months to grow to love someone. Have you ever read ‘Blink’ by Malcolm Gladwell? Well, in this book he talks about a study that has shown that strangers who spend only 15 minutes sitting alone in someone else’s room can describe the room’s owner just as well as someone who has known the room’s owner for a long time. You can ‘know’ someone very quickly so I think you can love them just as quick BUT the ‘depth’ to love takes time.

Hanna Peach
6) You recently revealed the cover for book two, Angelstone on your blog. When will Angelstone be released, and what can readers expect from this sequel?

     Angelstone is expected to be released by mid-2013. This sequel has a bit of a ‘Mission Impossible’ feel to it as Alyx and her friends will have to break into various places around the world to steal a substance called Black Stone before the demons do. You get an understanding of how the Rogues live as the angel-outsiders. You also get more Alyx and Israel J


Speed Round

E-book or Hardcopy? Ebook – I don’t like having too much ‘stuff’ so whatever takes up less space is good for me J

Sticky Note or Bookmark? I don’t need either cause I read mainly ebooks but if I do read a print book…. my face, haha. As I often fall asleep reading.

I've read your a fan of author Cassandra Clare- are you a Team Jace or Simon kind of girl? Team Will or Team Jem?

Team Jace at the beginning of TMI but when Simon became a daylighter, team Simon.
Team Jem – I dig musicians ;)

Favourite time to write? First thing in the mornings or late at night. I am useless between the hours of lunch and dinner

Coffee or Tea? Coffee – short mac or an espresso con panna J

Sweet or Sour? Sweet!

Favourite Blogger ?! ;) Oh dear. Too many to choose from! I follow a lot of blogs. Bloggers rock !


~~~~~

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview Hanna! If you want to find out more about Angelifre, you can check it out on Amazon HERE ! If you've read Angelfire, be sure to let me know what you think about it in the comments below! Keep Reading!


Your YA. Bookworm,
Caitlin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...